Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 18

First things first-- I'd like to make a shout out to my 12-year-old brother, Henry. I just found out he reads this thing. This picture is dedicated to you and your crocs.


Now back to me and my jaw!

I can't remember if I mentioned this-- but yes, my surgeon told me no nose blowing, and to only sneeze with my mouth open til further notice. So yeah. I sneezed for the first time since surgery today. It was scary.  It all happened so fast, I kinda forgot to open my mouth when it happened. I mean, I think it was half way open, so hopefully nothing was thrown out of whack? Everything feels fine so I think it's all good.

I also went to church today, and saw a lot of people I haven't seen for a while (because of a friend's LDS mission farewell) and my new face was received very well :) AND EVERYONE recognized me! Such a good feeling! But I still feel really stiff. I don't know if that's because I'm still numb or what, but it would be nice if that feeling would stop. And talking is still a struggle, but I'm over it.

School starts in two days, so that should be interesting... I have no idea what I'll eat for lunch. Or how I'll deal with people mistaking me for my nonexistent sister left and right. Or how I'll survive the day at all, but I'll make it work.




I just really like my new hair!

Word to the wise- don't eat chunky peanut butter with your splint in. No bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment